At Aura Biosciences, we are developing a new class of therapies to target and destroy cancer cells selectively, while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed – an approach we call molecular surgery. By safely eliminating cancer locally, we can treat early and transform the lives of people with a wide range of cancers that are poorly managed today.
Our lead program in ocular melanoma is designed to remove cancer cells in the back of the eye as a first-line therapy potentially long before the disease progresses and metastasizes to the liver, where it almost always is fatal. Development of a first-in-class treatment option to selectively destroy cancer cells would create the possibility of a cure in this and other cancers where the disease can be detected early.
Reporting to the CFO the Director of Investor Relations will be responsible for developing and executing an integrated investor relations strategy. Communicates Aura Biosciences business, operational, and investment strategies as well as plans and performance to the investors and analysts’ communities including key stakeholders. The candidate will need to demonstrate deep curiosity, exemplary business judgement, and a passion for solving problems.
- Develop investor awareness and confidence in Aura’s vision and strategy
- Lead the strategic planning, direction, and execution of Investor Relations
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework
- Create and manage a compelling reputation by demonstrating consistent and clear communication between internal and external parties.
- Interface with the investment community to help educate institutional investors and research analysts regarding Aura Biosciences business strategies and outlook, and differentiation as an innovator in the biotechnology industry
- Refine messaging and market positioning based on company performance, market perception, expectations as well as peer performance.
- Manage investor-facing materials, including press releases, corporate website, corporate presentation, investor presentations, data presentations and Q&A, s
- Ensure executive team is up to date on investor and analyst perception of the company: recommend and implement any course correction in messaging and relationship management
- Monitor industry and competitor developments, alert management and prepare proactive and reactive responses as needed.
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of business drivers and metrics: identify/track key themes and topics for investor discussion to inform executives on emerging trends.
- Serve as corporate liaison to institutional investors and analyst.
- BA/BS degree required. Advance degree in business related discipline preferred
- 10 plus years’ experience o relevant work experience in investor relations, finance, and deep understanding of the biotech industry.
- Pre/post IPO experience preferred
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets, with established relationships and a powerful reputation in them.
- A clear understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by security analysts to project a company’s operating and financial performance and the resulting value of its stock
- Analytical thinker who can turn data into insights and tell a compelling story.
- Consistently operate with high integrity.
- Strong project management skills with ability to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative
Benefits and Perks:
Aura offers a great benefit package which includes:
- Health insurance with FULL premium coverage (individual or family)
- 401K with company match
- Competitive Paid time off (PTO)
- Company-paid short & long-term disability insurance and life insurance
How we Work:
Aura is powered by a passion for bringing together diverse people, ideas and technologies behind common purpose: to create breakthroughs in diseases with significant unmet medical needs. We constantly seek opportunities to broaden our impact and reach, using new platforms and technologies, and partnering to ensure that our drug development expertise reaches its full therapeutic potential.
Interested? Please apply via our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3103925737