At Aura Biosciences, we are developing a new class of therapies to target and destroy cancer cells selectively, while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed – an approach we call molecular surgery. By safely eliminating cancer locally, we can treat early and transform the lives of people with a wide range of cancers that are poorly managed today.
Our lead program in ocular melanoma is designed to remove cancer cells in the back of the eye as a first-line therapy potentially long before the disease progresses and metastasizes to the liver, where it almost always is fatal. Development of a first-in-class treatment option to selectively destroy cancer cells would create the possibility of a cure in this and other cancers where the disease can be detected early.
Aura is looking for an experienced Manager of Contracts to support contracts operations in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various agreements related to Aura corporate activities and the R&D efforts. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will work with business and R&D partners to draft agreements and negotiate terms with (consultants, vendors, CROs, academic laboratories, etc.), coordinate the final execution of the agreements, and help maintain the contract tracking and compliance system. The successful candidate will work closely with the Aura business and research community, external parties, corporate compliance, procurement, and the finance department.
- Prepare CDAs, Master Service Agreements, Consulting Agreements, and other agreements.
- Engage with Legal and support companywide contract review, negotiation, execution, tracking and renewals, ensure alignment with the procurement process.
- Support contract execution via DocuSign and ensure proper signature authority.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all executed agreements, including maintaining up to date listing of all agreements, manage contract expirations by engaging stakeholders and preparing renewals when needed.
- Support all constituents with management of vendor relationships and issue resolution of moderate to highly complex performance issues.
- Support Legal to assist internal stakeholders with the compliance of contract terms and with the assessment of supplier performance.
- Recommend and implement a Contract Management System to manage contracts.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 plus years’ experience with the biotech/Pharmaceutical industry required
- Significant experience with contract administration and management processes, procedures, and software
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard office software applications (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- The ability to work well independently and with others
- Effective cross-disciplinary communication skills and an eagerness to creatively engage the Aura legal team, scientists, and business leaders to fully understand complex issues and craft innovative solutions
- The intellectual curiosity and drive to offer comprehensive solutions to the teams you work with
- The demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in academic technology transfer offices or pharmaceutical/biotech companies
- Experience working with external groups towards a goal where timelines are met
- A proven track record of building relationships with cross functional stakeholders
Interested? Please apply via our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3092661004