About Aura: At Aura Biosciences, we are developing a new class of therapies to target and destroy cancer cells selectively, while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed – an approach we call molecular surgery. By safely eliminating cancer locally, we can treat early and transform the lives of people with a wide range of cancers that are poorly managed today.
Our lead program in ocular melanoma is designed to remove cancer cells in the back of the eye as a first-line therapy potentially long before the disease progresses and metastasizes to the liver, where it almost always is fatal. Development of a first-in-class treatment option to selectively destroy cancer cells would create the possibility of a cure in this and other cancers where the disease can be detected early.
Aura Biosciences is seeking a dynamic Executive Assistant to join our team to provide outstanding support for two to three C-level Executives and other key team members. This person will need to exercise solid judgement in a variety of situations, build relationships with keys stakeholders, and have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities on a daily basis. This crucial member of the team will collaborate with the current C-team Executive Assistant and Officer Manager as an administrative team to provide coverage and back-up support as needed. The ideal candidate should have exceptional organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication ability and a strong attention to detail.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple Executives’ calendars, meetings, and schedules, resolving scheduling conflicts as they arise and prioritizing issues to ensure effective time management. Communicate agendas and respond to calendar changes as needed.
- Coordinate detailed domestic and international travel arrangements for team members including air, hotel, car, etc. as business travel needs dictate.
- Complete expense reports and credit card reconciliation.
- Coordinate logistics of special events including team meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, off-site meetings, special projects, and department outings/team building.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism, accuracy, and speed.
- Facilitate communication from team members by soliciting information from the team, providing critical updates, anticipating questions, and organizing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Prepare documents for Executives’ signatures and maintain and organized filing system.
- Take initiative to problem solve and troubleshoot issues.
- Apply a thorough knowledge of company operations and policies and procedures on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience supporting C-level Executives within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
- Excellent communicator with prior experience in a high-growth, fast-paced start-up environment is required.
- Highly flexible team player with the ability to prioritize and work independently with limited supervision.
- Solid skills in managing office technology and confidential record keeping.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and problem-solve as conflicts arise.
- Handle sensitive information with confidentiality and utmost integrity.
- Desire to learn new skills and look for additional opportunities to contribute.
- Exceptional technical skills to include but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of employees
Interested? Email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to HR@aurabiosciences.com referencing the position in the subject line.