About Aura: At Aura Biosciences, we are developing a new class of therapies to target and destroy cancer cells selectively, while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed – an approach we call molecular surgery. By safely eliminating cancer locally, we can treat early and transform the lives of people with a wide range of cancers that are poorly managed today.
Our lead program in ocular melanoma is designed to remove cancer cells in the back of the eye as a first-line therapy potentially long before the disease progresses and metastasizes to the liver, where it almost always is fatal. Development of a first-in-class treatment option to selectively destroy cancer cells would create the possibility of a cure in this and other cancers where the disease can be detected early.
The Senior Scientist, Tech Transfer will be responsible for supporting process transfer from Development to manufacturing as a member of the Technical Operations team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter and creative problem solver who has a strong desire to make an important contribution to the development of novel therapies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be the technical and subject matter expert managing method transfer.
- Provide technical expertise to support new molecular Assay Development and to modify or improve current assay formulations.
- Managing performance tests on the development side
- Ability to create reference standards
- Lead new and current Assay Development processes
- Data analysis for future reports
- Managing outsource testing
- Ability to prioritize project work and make effective use of available resource to meet agreed timelines
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or Life Sciences, PhD preferred
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Technical background in purification, cell culture, or analytical
- Advanced data analytics experience
- Prior experience within tech transfer required
Interested? Email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com referencing the position description in the subject line.