Last Revised: December 9, 2021
Information We Collect
When you interact with us, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our website, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Our Use of Your Personal Data
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate and improve communication around our business;
- Communicate with you about our business, including by sending announcements, updates, and administrative messages; and
- Respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Aura is not in the business of selling your information. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Aura, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
Legal Requirements: Aura may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Aura, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
You can visit the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain portions of the Site.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it..
Links to Other Web Sites
Aura takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data.
Access to Information; Contacting Aura
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted to us.
You may contact us as follows:
Aura Biosciences, Inc.
85 Bolton Street
Cambridge, MA 02140