About Aura: At Aura Biosciences, we are developing a new class of therapies to target and destroy cancer cells selectively, while leaving surrounding tissue unharmed – an approach we call molecular surgery. By safely eliminating cancer locally, we can treat early and transform the lives of people with a wide range of cancers that are poorly managed today.
Our lead program in ocular melanoma is designed to remove cancer cells in the back of the eye as a first-line therapy potentially long before the disease progresses and metastasizes to the liver, where it almost always is fatal. Development of a first-in-class treatment option to selectively destroy cancer cells would create the possibility of a cure in this and other cancers where the disease can be detected early.
Aura Biosciences is seeking a CMC Project Manager to play a critical high-level role providing strategic oversight of process transfers from internal to external contract manufacturing sites. This person is responsible for ensuring that CMO timelines for upstream, downstream, and custom starting materials manufacture stay on track.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of technical and project leadership. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter and creative problem solver who has a strong desire to make an important contribution to the development of novel therapies. This is a high-profile position with the opportunity to innovate in an entrepreneurial and high growth organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the planning and execution of project activities to ensure alignment with the expectations and timelines.
- Provide continuous support for teams to proactively plan project activities as well as track and monitor project progress.
- Manage projects, critical path items, and project risks.
- Develop project timelines and budgets based on detailed project plans.
- Escalate timeline slips and risk quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to build strong relationships and take a lead role with external collaborators on complex, multi-national research, and development stage projects.
- Partner proactively with the Project Leader and team members to identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks and then develop and implement mitigation plans.
- BS degree required, MS degree or MBA preferred
- 5-7 years prior experience with project management tech transfer to a CMO.
- Ability to be self-disciplined and individual accountably for delivering.
- Ability to acknowledge timeline slips and escalate in a timely matter when they occur.
- Adaptability and positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, both internally and with external vendors and partners
Interested? Email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com referencing the position description in the subject line.